About the Header

This is a commuter train in Baltimore, Maryland, just outside Oriole Park at Camden Yards. As you can see in the lower right, it isn't the most current photo I have (I've gotta start disabling that silly date stamp!).

Note: Constantly Updated Train related news at bottom of this page - scroll all the way down!

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

MR Mag Project Layout Inspired Me

The Milwaukee Road Chestnut Street Division, or the "Beer Line", is a model railroad layout based on a famous Milwaukee prototype and constructed by the Model Railroader staff. It was documented in the first five months of this year (2009) in the magazine.

This project has inspired me, mainly because it is similar in shape and size to what I'm doing with my Boyer Valley Central. I hope to borrow heavily from the design cues here and I also hope that this will give me the gentle "nudge" that I need to get moving on this again. I'll try to remember to share details as I progress and share the ideas / give credit when I have borrowed from the MR layout!

More details to follow soon...

No comments:

Resources for you (resource links and info from the articles above)

Coming soon...